Whether your voice is hoarse, crackly or simply not low enough there are a number of things you can do to improve the sound of your voice.
Here is a list of things that you can do to improve your voice. These tips will help make your voice deeper, improve it’s clarity, and it’s projection:
- Get plenty of sleep - If you do not get enough sleep, your voice will sound hoarse, will crackle, and will generally be higher than normal. Aim for at least 7 hours of quality sleep each night to ensure your voice is at peak performance.
- Eat a healthy diet – Yes, your diet can affect the sound of your voice. Eat fruits and vegetables to provide your body with vitamins and antioxidants, and proteins to help keep the muscles and tissue in the voice box strong.
- Avoid Yelling - Yelling is not good for your vocal cords. You’ve probably experienced what yelling can do to your voice the morning after a concert or sporting event. Prolonged yelling causes damage to your vocal cords that can become permanently damaged (have you ever heard the rock band AC/DC?).
- Be confident - Just feeling confident while you speak will really improve the sound of your voice. Keep your chin up and mean what you say when you speak!
- Use your diaphragm when you speak – This is a particularly good way to make your voice sound deeper and more assertive. When you are speaking, keep your chin up and use the muscles in your lower abdomen to project your voice. Singers learn to use their diaphragm to really get the most out of their voice.
Well there you have it! I hope these are helpful tips that help improve your voice. I am confident that if you apply all of these techniques you will notice some excellent improvements in the quality of your voice.
If making your voice deeper is a top priority for you, I highly recommend you checkout Rudy Haynes program called “Deep Voice Mastery”. It’s been getting rave reviews from readers of this website.