Are you trying to achieve a deeper voice?
Many men in our society today suffer from a squeaky or even feminine voice. This can severely affect their ego and social status. The reason this is so damaging is because when a male has a deep and clear voice it makes them confident, and when they are confident it causes people whom are listening to them speak, to trust them. When you feel confident about your voice it shows in how you speak, what you say, and even in your body language.
7 tips on how to make your voice sound deeper
- When you are sitting or standing, hold your head down with your chin above you chest and start humming. Do you notice that when you lift your head higher the pitch will rise to a more feminine sound? This means that your vocal chords are strained and may need some exercise to get them in shape. The muscle in your throat, called the larynx, or more commonly known as your voice box, is like a muscle. Repeat this exercise throughout your day and you will feel an improvement.
- Another approach might be surgery on your voice box. The surgery is called a laryngoplastic phonosurgery. During this surgery a small incision is made over the lower portion of your larynx cartilage. They keep the patient awake, but under local anesthesia. This way the patient remains awake so the doctor can hear how the voice sounds and get the best results.
- One technique could be breathing exercises. To do this you should practice breathing through your nose. When breathing through your nose your pitch changes sound rather then when breathing out of your mouth.
- Some men have tried hormonal replacement therapy. Taking this route will work, but can also have many undesirable side effects.
- Another route that might appeal more to you could be hypnosis. This deals more with a lack of confidence. It helps you relax and stay focused while teaching you how to captivate people when you speak.
- A voice coach can help you pronounce your words more eloquently and cause you to not have to think before you speak, and allow you to concentrate on breathing through your nose and sounding more confidant.
- Also intertwining with a voice coach, you could try getting singing lessons. This would help you exercise your larynx and have a wider range of pitches.Practice really does make perfect..
Practice really does make perfect..
If you aren’t too sure about all of these different ways to manage your voice, and aren’t ready to tell the world you are not comfortable with how you sound, you can always practice at home. Stand in front of your mirror and practice singing on different pitches while breathing through your nose.
Another reason you might have a weak pitched voice
One reason you might have a weak pitched voice is due to stress. Stress causes a lot of problems within your body and if you can reduce the stress within your life it may help tremendously for you to be confident, and speak out, and who knows, when you speak out it may be a lot lower pitched than you realize.